ECOSY - Young European Socialists gathers Socialist and Social Democratic youth movements of the European Union, Central and Eastern Europe and of the Mediterranean countries. It was founded in November 1992 in The Hague, Netherlands.
The aims of ECOSY - Young European Socialists are:
- To promote and contribute to the socialist and social democratic values;
- To contribute towards the construction of a democratic European state;
- The defend the interests of the youth in the EU;
- To integrate the member organisations on the European level;
- To promote European citizenship amongst progressive young people in Europe.
ECOSY - Young European Socialists is the youth organisation of the Party of European Socialists (PES) and the Socialist Group in the European Parliament. We work closely also with the PES Group in the Committee of Regions.
ECOSY works in close co-operation with the International Union of Socialist Youth (IUSY), International Falcon Movement - Socialist Education International (IFM-SEI) and is a member of the European Youth Forum (YFJ).